Do I Need to Register My Drone/Small Unmanned Aircraft System?


Register your drone using this website if all the following are true:

  1. My drone weighs more than 0.55 lbs. (250 grams) and less than 55 lbs. (25 kg)

  2. I am flying my drone in the U.S.

  3. I am flying my drone outside

Choose Your Registration Type

Hobby Drone Registration (Section 336)

  • Registration for hobbyists and recreational drone pilots

  • Registration covers all your hobby drones, $5/year

  • Make, model, & serial number are not required

Click here to RENEW your existing hobby drone registration.

Non-Hobby Drone Registration (Part 107)

  • Registration for businesses, non-profits, education, etc.

  • Drones are registered individually, $5/year

  • Make, model, & serial number are required for registration